Set amidst the breathtaking beauty of the Yorkshire Dales, Bolton Castle is a magnificent symbol of longevity which has withstood the test of time. Built on strong foundations, it has survived in a challenging and ever-changing world. What better place to celebrate your wedding and the promises you have chosen to make.
We are committed to making your wedding completely unique and can offer you a great range of menus, drinks packages and venue hire options as well as additional extras to enable you to create your perfect day. Our wedding co-ordinator will be on hand every step of the way to help you through the planning.
Venue Hire Options
You can choose to hold your ceremony, ceremony and reception or reception only at Bolton Castle.
Ceremony and Reception/Reception Only:
Full Day Hire:£3,500 (10am – midnight, except August which is £4,950)
Half Day Hire: £3,000 (3.30pm – midnight, except August which is £4000)
Evening Hire: £2,400 (5.30pm – midnight.)
Exclusive use of the entire Castle and Gardens. Your civil ceremony will take place in ‘The Solar’ room followed by your wedding feast in the magnificent Great Chamber.
(Please note a minimum of 12 months’ notice is required for the full day option).
Ceremony Only: £1,520
Exclusive use of the Great Chamber for a period of 2 hours (between 10am and 6pm.)
You will also have non-exclusive use of the remainder of the Castle and Gardens.
We will provide (as appropriate):
• Registrar’s table and cloth
• lime-washed chiavari chairs
• a choice of round (seats 8-10 people) or rectangular (seats 6 people) banqueting tables
• cake table
• a roaring log fire and candles on all stands
• The castle can seat 120 guests for the ceremony and reception.
• Up to 120 additional guests can attend an evening reception at no extra charge however we do ask that you provide an evening buffet for all guests
• All prices include VAT @ 20%.
St Oswald’s Church
If you wish to have a religious ceremony or blessing, the medieval church of St Oswald’s is adjacent to the castle and can accommodate up to 150 people. Details on request.